Friday, April 12, 2013

It Smells Like SPRING





What wonderful weather we have had this week. It was a pleasure to step outside and do my bidness - no matter what time of day. I even lollygagged a but more than usual just to enjoy the sunshine and the sweet smells of the trees, grass, flowers, and so on.

It looks like it will change a bit next week - a little cooler and cloudier. 

April is so fickle.

Around our house there is also a lot of sneezing and snuffling going on as Spring allergies kick in. Me too. My eyes have been so itchy lately; and I admit I rub them whenever I get the chance. Mom has threatened to put my cone on my head - but that won't help. I have figured out how to rub my eyes WITH the stupid cone of Shame. HAH!!!

Nonetheless, this is the time of year I feel more hopeful and energetic. I see a lot of dog parks and extra walkies in my future.



HAPPY THOUGHT OF THE DAY: The sweet smell of grass is like a SMILE for your nose

13 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

Yes, April has been such a tease.
Easter weekend was gorgeous, then we got colder again and even got some snow Tues morn. Nice today, then 50 MPH winds tomorrow. But is great to get outside more. Have a nice weekend Noodles
hugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Meredith LeBlanc said...

It's raining here today and Scarlet refuses to come out of her woobies. I don't blame her.

Your Momma's right Miss Noodles, don't scratch your eyes!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Bunk said...

Oh my pugness! Have I been itchy scratchy lately! But, we here at BunkBlog are also very excited to see the spring!:)

stellaroselong said...

we are gonna have to take your word for it cos mom can't smell a thing!
stella rose

Frank The Tank said...

Hi Noo, My Blogger has been acting crazy too and some posts from you and my other Furiends do not show up on my reading list! I love the photo of you smelling the sweet spring soil and it looks like the weather is wonderful with you! I'm sorry to hear that you are all experienceing a lot of nasty allergies in your noses and eyes, hope you don't get the dreaded cone of shame!
Here in Wales we have April showers, lots of them, but its light in the evenings so lots of walking for me, we get more adventureous in the Spring and Summer and then start to hibernate in the Autumn and Winter!
I love the spring! I can't believe you have never met a sheep except for your stuffie because here in Wales we have so many of them and living in a little village surrounded by countryside I see them every day and hear them bleating and baaa-ring in the nights! XxxxxxxxX

Anonymous said...

Noodle can we come and live we you, we just over and ice storm, now its gonna be 80 Monday then by Thursday, below freezing!

The Mad Scots

Oakley and Swisher said...

You're so sneaky Noodles with that cone! Mom gives us 1/2 a benadryl sometimes when she sees our eyes getting red or itchy.


Lots of licks,
Swisher and Oakley

Terrorzinhos said...

We can smell it too! ☺☺☺
Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs and kisses!

Kaiser and Farrusquinho

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You are Right as April Rain about THIS April being FICKLE !!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Payton's mom said...

We are not a big fan of the rain or allergies but we are excited about the prospect of getting more than 2 days of spring before the summer heat gets here.
Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Flea said...

Oooo! Extra walkies! It's grey here, today, after a gorgeous weekend.