Monday, April 23, 2018

Sunshine-y Corner - Why I like American Journey #chewyinfluencer



Hi. Sunshine here with another addition of DID I LIKE IT OR DID I NOT? That is the game I, and, honestly, most cats, play ALL the time with our humans. Keep 'em guessing as to what you will eat. This tendency is EXACTLY why I love all of the options at Chewy.com. So many kinds of FELINE FOOD that one simply does not get bored.

April meant a new #Chewyinfluencer newsletter and since Noodles (and to some extent Molly) were doing a 30 day challenge for Chewy.com, it meant Jade and I FINALLY had an opportunity to choose something new. . . something exciting. . . something - FOOD. As you know, I am a slightly older kitty and as such it is important that I watch what I am eating. Nothing too rich. . . nothing too spicy . . . nothing with too many artificial ingredients. . .

This is exactly why I chose American Journey Poultry in Gravy Variety Pack Grain Free
Canned Cat Food 3 oz. It was very important that it be grain free as GRAIN is not good for cats, young or old. And being older means I need to be extra careful about grain.

So TWO days after I ordered MY TREAT, the case arrived.



I was pretty excited to crack open that case and try the food. It was nowhere near mealtime, though so I really had no hope of an early dinner to try this food.



I dutifully posed with the case to give my fan base an idea of what the American Journey Poultry in Gravy grain free looked like. Frankly, I don't think you can tell much from a can. Is it just me who thinks this way?

In a final attempt to coerce my HUMAN into letting me at least try a nibble of the food, I decided to SING the praises of American Journey by MEOWING the ingredients and the benefits of the Food-I-Chose. It went something like this

Meow, meowmeowmeow, Meow Meow, meowmeowmeow. . . Meow Meow, meowmeowmeow. . .

Ingredients
Chicken Recipe: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Turkey Broth, Chicken Liver, Dried Egg White, Peas, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Flaxseed, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Fish Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, Potassium Chloride, Cranberries, Blueberries, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Inulin, DL-Methionine, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.

Turkey Recipe: Turkey, Turkey Broth, Chicken Broth, Turkey Liver, Dried Egg White, Peas, Natural Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Guar Gum, Flaxseed, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Sunflower Oil, Fish Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Cranberries, Blueberries, Choline Chloride, Inulin, DL-Methionine, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.

Chicken & Turkey Recipe: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Turkey Broth, Chicken Liver, Turkey, Dried Egg White, Peas, Natural Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Guar Gum, Flaxseed, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Fish Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Sunflower Oil, Cranberries, Blueberries, Choline Chloride, Inulin, DL-Methionine, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract.

Please note the ABUNDANCE of chicken, turkey, chicken and turkey, chicken broth, turkey broth, chicken and turkey broth, chicken liver, turkey liver, turkey and chicken liver. . .

Then I spoke of the benefits of this FINE FOOD

Mew. Mew. Mew. Mew. Mew.


  • Complete and balanced diet with real meat and gravy
  • Complete animal proteins, important because cats need high protein diets
  • Grain free for easy digestion (and because cats do not need grain)
  • Lean meat and omega fatty acid for healthy muscles, skin and coat
  • Made in the USA
It worked. She let me TRY it. . . but not before first posing AD NAUSEUM for photos






FELINES! This is some seriously GOOD eats. I got just a nibble for the photo shoot but at dinner time I got a FULL ON SERVING. I cannot express how good this food is. And since there are 3 flavors, there is enough variety for me to stave off food boredom.

I do, I do, I do recommend you visit CHEWY.COM right now - click here (this is linked) - and order some today. You simply will not be disappointed.

Money shot (but no money was offered)

** Chewy.com supplied us with a case of American Journey free of charge so that I may savor this food. I also had enough time to see the benefits or problems that might happen from changing a food. I was not paid for doing this review, for eating the food, and certainly no posing for photos. All opinions re CAT products on A Bowl of Noodles are mine, Sunshine the Cat.

1 comment:

Julie said...

You do make me laff Sunshine!
What an excellent review..I kinda wish I wuz a Kitty so I could have some of these tasty foodables
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx