Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Swimming against the Tide

It is Summertime, and the livin' is easy. My MAIN Human is home a lot which is so wonderful. For most of my life with my human family, I was alone a lot. But NOW my day usually goes like this - out for a walk around the yard (a-hem) and back inside. Out again for a little communication at the fence and back inside. Out again for a little fruit noshing (my humans grow the most delicious fruits) and back inside. Then I take a nap. By afternoon I am amped up and ready to explore MY WORLD! So I go out and quickly return. I do this a number of times, each time a little faster because it is getting HOT outside!

This brings me to a subject dear to my heart -   the heat of the day. As a pug, as you all know, I am prone to overheat and pant a lot if I get hot. By HOT I mean overheated because we all know I am one HOT PUG.

SO

Consider the swimming pool.
  • It is cool
  • It is wet
  • It is blue
  • It is round
In other words, it is the perfect place for me to cool my paws on those warm summer days. I just LOVE it so much. I do the little toe-dip a couple of times before I jump in with all paws. AHHHH! Sah-weeeeet!
I don't know who thought of the swimming pool but whoever you are I wanna THANK YOU! You have made one HOT PUG a COOL CUTIE.


 
I get choked up with happiness just thinking of my pool.

1 comment:

Crabbie Chris said...

I love my pool too Noodles!! They're so much fun and it keeps us smooshie noses cool. Make sure to drink lots of water and eat ice cubes. Yummers!