Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sun Bathing is the BEST Kind of Bathing




The sun came back again. The warmth did not but the SUN did. I have to say, I missed it so much even though it only rained for one whole day.

Molly and I had recently taken regular baths with water and stuff. I like them okay - especially that first step into the warm water. Mommy lets me wander around the tub, lapping up a bit of the water before it gets too soapy or dirty. The the LESS fun part begins when she wets my fur down (and believe me THAT takes a lot of water) and soaps me up. Molly seems to have the same feelings about the bath that I do. She RUNS to the tub when the water is drawn, wanders the warm waters for a while AND then resigns herself to the TORMENT of the actual cleaning process.

We look good after a bath - we feel good after a bath.

AHHHHHH! But then there is SUN BATHING! I loves loves loves it with a passion. Nothing is finer than a SQUAT and sometimes a SNOOZE in the sunshine. And we get LOTS of it here in Northern CALIFORNIA. Tuesday had been all gray and stormy - thunder storms, hail and uncharacteristic COLD rain. It was all Molly and I could do to go out and do our BIDNESS. But the clouds parted that night, the stars shown through and the rain ceased. Wednesday was sunny and bright and I couldn't wait to go outside for a while.

HAPPY THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Sun Bathing is my favorite kind of bathing!


9 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sun bathing is #1 in our book! The only time we like water involved is we could head right for the sun puddle
Benny & Lily

Idaho PugRanch said...

We love sunbathing too but we got up this morning to 3 more inches of snow BLAHH!! This has been one long winter.
hugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WE are MAJOR fans of SUNPUDDLE BATHING No drying required No stinky soaps either...
YEA fur SUN Bathing!!!

Payton's mom said...

We totally agree Noodles!
Love,
Christy

stellaroselong said...

We also agree noodles but now its snowing and i am sitting on top of the heat register instead.
stella rose

Unknown said...

Sun baths are the only ones worth mentioning!

Mason

Wyatt said...

You got that right...we are so ready for MORE sun!!

Wyatt and Stanzie

Pug Slope said...

Right on, Noodles! Yeah, I like sun-bathing, too. I think us dogs are wired for that sort of thing. :)

-Love,
Sid.

Sabrina PugTails said...

I can't WAIT until the snow is all gone (or even mostly gone) and I can sit and bask in the sunshine again.
Licks,
Sabrina