Friday, September 11, 2015

Hot Dog Friday



Folks. . . it is HOT here is SUNNY CALIFORNIA. All week we have had temperatures in the 90s - 100s! Normally our natural AIR CONDITIONING, the famous FOG rolls in after a couple of days and makes the temps drop. Not this week. It just keeps getting hotter and hotter.

That is a little to much for this PUG.

I spend a lot of time in the air-conditioned house. Face it. . . pugs are not the most active of dogs so lazing in my crate or lounging on the sofa are the norm. But sometimes I get an URGE to wander outside and enjoy the smells and sounds of our backyard. I can stay out for 30 minutes or so just wandering from bush to bush, fence to fence taking it all in.

So yesterday, and because Mommy was home, I walked to the backdoor and asked to go out. I was ready for a little ME time, you know. Mommy opened the door to let me out and then she went back to what she was working on. This is normal.

But when I walked out the doors, I was BLASTED with a wall of heat! It was only 9 am. . . so what was going on? I turned to return indoors to the cool air when I saw Mommy round the corner so she couldn't see me. I was sure I was imagining the blast furnace so I continued outside the screenroom. Well, let me tell you, that wall of HEAT I experienced when I first walked out was NOTHING compared to the scorching sunshine that assaulted me when I hit the yard. Oy!!! It was H-O-T!!!

I did my bidness, because by this time I needed to, and quickly headed back to the house. It was too too much for me. I was exhausted from the little exertion I spent.As luck would have it, Mommy saw me and promptly let me in. I was so happy I jumped up and kissed her knee (that is all I can reach when she is standing)!

I am hoping this HOT HOT Weather moves on over the weekend. I got things to do, people to see. I can't be messing with no HOT weather! Fog, if you are out there, please listen to my pleas and return A.S.A.P! This little pug misses you.

8 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh boy!! We could have written this post. It's ridiculous
Lily & Edward

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Looks like you're going to hibernate a bit longer. We know what that hot weather is like and it'll be here soon, we're sure. Just stay cool until the Fog becomes a bit more helpful.

Idaho PugRanch said...

We have warmed up too, but at least not 100 degrees, but 90. They say by Tues we will be in the 60's
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

Cookie's Comments said...

Oh, Noodles

It is hot like this from June until the middle of September at least -- so you can see why mum only takes me out very early (5 am). She does not take me with her most times when she goes out 'cos of the ground being too hot. That meant that today I was on my lonesome from 9:45 am until almost 6 pm!!!! Of course I got a treat when she went out (Frosty Paws) and wet food when she got home!!

The Devil Dog said...

Noodles, I sure do know what you mean about that wall of heat. Just add 36% humidity and that's what it's been like here for the last, I dunno, month? At least, that's what it feels like. Hope it cools down for you soon, but please don't send it here. We don't want it back.

Roxy

Julie said...

Could you send sum of that heat my way Noodles, I haf rain!!!
You take care though, keep safe and cool inside!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Hilary said...

you like fog? You are such a cutie!

Pug Slope said...

EEP! I hope it finally cooled down a bit out there, Noodles. If not, I'll start blowing some cool Midwestern breezes your direction.

-Love,
Sid.