Friday, March 18, 2016

Feeling Fartsy Artsy














I love ART. Don't you? Good art makes your soul soar and bad art makes your funny bone tickle. It works on all emotional levels. I cannot imagine a world without ART.

I admit I am very attached to the Impressionists like Monet. His art, especially the Giverny series of garden scenes, really appeals to my garden-love. Really! I can feel the warm sunshine in his pictures. I can smell the different flowers he painted as if I were standing in a sun-kissed garden in the summer. The deep musky scent of the earth rising up through the grasses gives me tingling in my toes and makes me want to run through the meadows.

That said, I like a lot of modern art as well. There was a nature movement way way back before I was born that focused on the ocean, dolphins and whales. Notable artists like Robert Wylend, Duane Armstrong, and George Sumner created ocean scenes that are as fantastical as they are realistic. We have a couple of paintings in our house and every time I gaze upon them I swear I can smell the salt air and hear the lull of the pounding surf. I loves loves loves the beach as you all know and that makes these paintings all the more special to me. I can look at them and imagine I am sitting in the shade on the warm sand just smelling the ocean air. Ahhhhhhh.

Then there is kid art. I kinda love it a lot. Lucky for me I have kids in my home who are a continuing source of artwork. The above portrait was just done by the Lil' One, Good, huh? I really like the way she captured my ears. I was being a bit of a Licky Lou at the time and that is why she drew my tongue out. Normally you would never know I had the cutest tongue in the world.

So that's my take on the art scene. I know there is a lot more art and artists out there that command our attention. And someday, I know I will stumble upon it, ponder it, absorb its essence . . . you know. . . love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love pugs who can talk about art! Our dad is a painter, but sadly no pictures of us yet. The picture of you is beeoootiful - 'Lil One is very talented! Maybe we should have a cutest tongue photo contest (where everyone wins of course).

Love,
Daisy and Scooter Pugman

Samantha said...

Yay for artists!! My PeePaw is one.
xxxoo MaddiethePug

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD our Mom ADORES WYLAND's Work.... She has seen his Whale Walls.. In Cleveland, Oh... Philladelphia Pencil Vane E Ah... New Orleans, LA and Honolulu,HI... THERE she even went to one of his "STORES"...

ART is a Measurement of the Artist's Society... WE love it too!!!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We love kids' art.