Wednesday, July 5, 2017

That Was SOME Celebration!!!

Photo by Emelia Hamilton
Oh My DOG!!! I gotta tell ya. That was some party the country threw for me yesterday. I mean, have you ever seen or heard of anything LIKE IT? There was an estimated one explosion per SECOND in my hometown. That is COOOOO-RAY-ZEEEEEEE!

My day started off pretty normally with a trip to HOME. As you might recall, My Mommys and Me are staying at Auntie B's Mom's house for a while. After Mommy #2 picked up some sunscreen, we headed to FREMONT to meet Auntie B. The Fremont Parade included a tribute to Auntie B's late cousin because he was such an integral part of their community. It was pretty special. So we drove to Fremont which is all of 15-20 mins.

The parade was pretty cool since it is a small town. It was very personal to a lot of people there. What I like best about Fremont is the diversity of the people living there in harmony. Really a wonderful feeling.





What a wonderful way to celebrate this nation and what it stands for - Life-Liberty-and the Pursuit of Happiness. I know I was feeling all THREE.

Then we came home and I played with Molly while the rest of the family went over to Auntie D's house for a bbq and swimming. They had fun and the weather was pretty perfect with the warm temps and cool ocean breeze. They all got home just before dark so I opened my birthday gift from my BFF Max - Auntie B's grandpup.

Hi Max

OMIPUG can you believe these toys, How did
Max KNOW I love Star Wars?

After choruses of Happy Birthday and sufficient cake . . . 


we sat to watch a movie and wind down from all the excitement. Only the FIREWORKS started off about then. It was very very loud and scary and I barked, jumped up and down, and panted for THIRTY MINUTES until Mommy #2 used her foot wrap to create a substitute thunder shirt for me. It worked - eventually - and I finally calmed down and fell asleep on the kitchen floor.


Remember me telling you about the peaches in Auntie B's Mom's yard? Well, I discovered them almost immediately and on Friday night I ate so many I got a tummy ache. Mommy was a little worried. But she gave me something for my tummy and I settled down. NOT that I stopped PEACH PICKING. . . Ah..... but Mommy dashes out ahead of me and grabs anything on the ground. Here is her weekend take. Some of the green ones will be ripe by tomorrow. White peaches - YUM.


Thanks for all the BIRTHDAY wishes, everypuggy. They mean the world to me!

Today's Affirmation


5 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

Wow! what an exciting birthday! yes we were celebrating it here too and I barked along too!
hugs
Mabel & Hazel

Two French Bulldogs said...

We are pooped just reliving your pawrty
Lily & Edward

Julie said...

Yay, woohoo, what a pawsome Birthday celebrations! Glad you had such a great time Noodles and just look at that CAKE!!!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Life With Lucy and Poppy said...

What a cool parade!

Puppy Growls,
Lucy

Pug Slope said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun B-Day, Noodles! That parade looks awesome. I love your DIY thundershirt! :)

Take care little lady!

-Love,
Sid.