Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Walking in the Mountains - What a Wonderful Place


Like I said, I took A LOT of walks while in Lake Tahoe. More than usual because of potty walks which are different than plain walks. The picture above was on a potty walk and Mommy took it because of the pine cone arrangement and the lighting (remember that sunset picture from yesterday? Same lighting).

On my last walk with Mommy and Aunt M, I saw somethings that I love love love - wildflowers - and some interesting trees. That is what I want to share with you today.


This is a firecracker plant. Mommy wanted just the fire hydrant and the plant but. . . what can I say?


Mountain Yarrow and Yours Truly. I think we complement each other.


It was hard to take this picture without a shadow. Even harder to keep me out of the shot, heehee. Mommy is having trouble figuring out what this is. . . she thinks it might be Blue Grass. 


This is Indian Paintbrush. It was in abundance on our walk and Mommy said she had never seen so much. 


This is Cutleaf Daisy. This was ALL over the place!!


I am pretty sure that is Balsam Root in the foreground and a lot of Lupine in the back.


This is a thistle with puff balls. I put my nose into one and it made me sneeze. And oddly enough, the puff balls disappeared after I did that.


Mom has no idea. We are open to suggestions.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Not only is the scenery stunning butt you're also surround by the most gorgeous flowers and plants! Wow, Noodles I'm sure you've found Paradise! Have funs!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Matilda the Boxer said...

Pretty flowers! But they definitely look better with you in the picture.

Pug Slope said...

Those are certainly some gorgeous wildflowers, Noodles! I hope you got a chance to sniff each one.

-Love,
Sid.