Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Rice Cakes for Dinner?



The other day Mommy was making herself some dinner. I had just finished enjoying my own dinner. It took all of 30 seconds to finish the food and clean the bowl - THAT is how much I enjoyed it. So, being the curious PUG that I am, I wandered into the kitchen to supervise. That and in hopes of a dropped morsal, like when Aunt T makes dinner.

So she spooned out a little soup, poured a nice glass of water, and then grabbed something I had never seen before - RICE CAKES. I had HEARD of them, of course, but never eaten them to my recollection.

Have you ever seen these?



They LOOK like something edible. Sorta. But they really have no smell (no GOOD smell) and so I was pretty unsure of what they were about. But Mommy said they were indeed food and were just a nice crunch when eaten as an accompaniment to the soup. So I did what any self-respecting PUG would do. I BEGGED to try some. And I begged. And I begged. And so on.

So Mommy broke off a little piece and gave it to me. Well. . .

You know how a fuzzy BLANKET tastes when you lick it for like 20 minutes? Or that fuzzy yarn piece on the floor that you ate because you were sure it was PURPLE spaghetti? Well - BOTH of those were more flavorful than that rice cake.

Why Mommy? Why?

If that's what she wants for dinner then I guess more power to her. As for me, NO THANK YOU. Gimme a plastic dish to lick. It'd be more flavorful.

2 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

Peeps eat some really weird stuff sometimes.

Julie said...

Just what was Mommy finking having something in the 'not for Noodles' range for tea?????
Doesn't she nose she should SHARE tasty foodables with you????
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx
PeeS I'm just going to see if I can snaffle myself a bit of purple spaghetti, that sounds tasty stuffs!