Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Lunatic in Me


Aunt T woke Mommy and me up very very early this morning so we could see the BLUE BLOOD MOON ECLIPSE. It is a very rare and very awesome phenomenon. I was so sleepy that at first I could not tell what was going on. But Mommy, Aunt T and Aunt B were all GUSHY so I ventured to look. I was hesitant after my last ECLIPSE adventure. You know, the one where I glanced at the SUN and promptly got shoo-d inside? Anyhow, apparently it is OK to look at the moon when it is in total eclipse. So I did. What an amazing sight it was. It looked like an ORANGE in the sky! It was really really large, as well. Mommy and I sat by the BIG BAY window a long time just watching it. Then it did something pretty amazing. . .

As it came out of the BLOOD RED stage, it developed a pinpoint of light on the right side. Then as it got bigger, for a minute it looked like a DIAMOND RING. Mommy saw this with the Solar Eclipse last year but had never seen it with a Lunar Eclipse. Unfortunately, she could not get a photo of it. This is how it came out. . . and believe me, it looked nothing like this.


We continued to watch the eclipse as it retreated and as the moon set. As it did, the moon again got larger and larger and again turned a bright orange. It was different from the Blood Red Moon at the peak of the eclipse. It was more of a typical setting moon orange - and it was still only a quarter moon. . . between a crescent and a quarter . . .

This is a photo spread from the San Francisco Chronicle showing the phases which were fully visible throughout the Bay Area


Cool, huh?

I really love watching the moon. That is why Mommy calls me a LUNA-TIC . . . because the MOON is also known as LUNA.


5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh be careful Noodles...I finks the vampires have been at your moon!
How exciting though, to be able to watch such a wonderful event.....and go on tell me....did you HOWL? Maybe just a little bit?????
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We saw the super blue moon....but there was too much cloud cover to see the red moon.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Lady thought the moon looked cool this morning but only after the fact did she know all of this! Oops! Glad your peeps enjoyed it.

Idaho PugRanch said...

We had too many clouds to see it
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

yanmaneee said...

michael kors bags
balenciaga
off white x jordan 1
golden gooses sneakers
moncler jackets
nba jerseys
cheap nfl jerseys
golden goose sneakers
golden goose sneakers
air max 270