Monday, August 20, 2018

I Got The Monday Morning BLUES . . .



I saw Monday on the horizon and shouted "NO! NOT YET!!!" I was having a good weekend and I was not ready for it to end. Why is it the GOOD times go by so quickly and yet the moments of tedium seems to drone on and on?



But I faced MONDAY full on, determined to make it work. I got up with unusual enthusiasm, and I gobbled down my breakfast as if I was fueling up for a marathon. In a way, I was. It is the MARATHON of MONDAY - miles and miles to the finishline of the day.




I finally (after less than 1 hour of MONDAY MORNING) said FORGET it! I am heading back to bed. Wake me up when it is Tuesday and I can THINK clearly.

5 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

I like the way you think! I always need a Monday morning nap to get me through. And Monday afternoon. Well, and morning and afternoon of every other day...Naps are just good!

Idaho PugRanch said...

The nice thing about having peeps that are retired, Mondays are just about like any other day!
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Yep - like Hazel'n Mabel sed, a retired peep iz good so that meanz we can nap anytime we want. Butt even our mom had the Monday bluez - sloooooooo gittin'goin'an slooooo gittin'our mealz today. Butt at leest we cood nap while we waited. Yep - napz r good ANYTIME.
Lady Shasta'n Miss Maizie

Julie said...

The bestest way to pass a Monday is snuggled up in bed...good choice Noodles
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.