Monday, March 5, 2018

What's The Difference Between PUKE and PUCE?

This is my WORRIED Face

The weekend started off pretty good - other than the weather. And even that was okay. It was cold but in the morning, it was clear and crisp. Mommy was up early as usual, bebopping around the house, straightening this and doing that. Then she got dressed and watched some  tv while knitting. I was sitting on her lap. It was all good.

Her friend, Auntie NA came over and they went out to eat at some fancy schmancy place (editors note: it was a crepe bistro near the university. . . not at all fancy). After a while they came home and visited for some time. Mommy showed Auntie NA how to make hardboiled eggs in the Instant Pot because Auntie NA got one for Christmas. About this time Mommy was feeling a little off, she said. She was FULL when she stood up but when she sat down she felt RAVENOUS. Weird, huh? I'm never FULL. But this story is not about ME.

She chalked it up to too much caffeine because she had 2 cups of strong tea and a large coffee that morning. Sometimes too much caffeine and not enough food makes her feel RAVENOUS like that.

To make matters worse, the weather turned from nice to nasty with HAIL and RAIN and dark clouds.

Mommy tried to capture the rain pelleting the
window


It was a couple of hours later that she really felt OFF. I told her she looked a little PUCE - you know, greenish. I was sure that was the color called P-U-C-E because it SOUNDS like a green. And if I was going to assign a color to PUKE I would automatically say it was PUCE.

Mommy said I was wrong that PUCE was not green and neither was she. And what did I know? I'm a dog and dogs are color blind.

So I looked up PUCE and. . . She was right. This is PUCE



It's not GREEN at all. Okay, I admitted, she didn't look that color but she did look like this




And before too long, that is exactly what she did. ALL NIGHT. She was pretty sure it was not food poisoning because (1) Auntie NA did not experience the same and (2) she did not have the requisite stomach and intestine cramping from food poisoning. She was just incapable of holding anything in her stomach. I know this is an unsavory topic so I will stop here. You can imagine, though.

She said Mr Toilet was her best friend and thank goodness she had cleaned it before.

Mommy is funny.

That was Saturday. In Sunday she managed to get some toast to stay down and we pretty much did nothing but nap and watch TV.

But Mommy was sad. She had tickets to see the San Jose Sharks hockey game and she could not go. She loves her SJ SHARKS (as do I) and was so excited about the chance to see the newest SJ SHARK, Evander Kane. But she could not go, certainly not while feeling sick AND certainly not when she could be contagious. 

But she did WATCH the game and I helped her

That is Logan Couture being interviewed

She is better now. Not tip top but better. It makes me glad because I don't like it when Mommy is sick. Well, aside from the extra cuddle time because normally she DOES NOT NAP. She hardly slows down except to work at her desk.




2 comments:

Julie said...

On nose!!!! I hope you feel Tip Top betters soon Mommy of Noodles, pleeeeeease get well soon
Oh, and I nose puce is purplish brown as it was the answer to 4 across in this weekends crossword
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Matilda the Boxer said...

OMD, that same thing happened to my momma! It was YUCKY. It took some hard-core nursing from me before she felt kinda normal. We hope your momma is all better soon!