Thursday, June 28, 2018

Holy Holistic, Batman! #chewyinfluencer

I look good

It's so hard to maintain this fabulous physique. I have to SLEEP right, PLAY right, and most of all I have to EAT right. It is really difficult sometimes to find a food that makes you feel good, that tastes good and doesn't make you gain weight.

The June newsletter by Chewy.com contained the answer to my weight prayers -

Holistic Select Adult Health Duck Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food By Holistic Select



The manufacturers of this food, Holistic Select, claim that their recipe promotes BETTER digestion, BETTER nutrition and BETTER life. I am not sure how eating can lead to these three things but I am always willing to TASTE and SEE. So I selected it to see if maybe I could be a BETTER ME.

First off, let me tell you the DUCK formula is yummy. It has the right savoriness along with a very satisfying crunch. And the AFTER-TASTE in the bowl is supreme. I spent a good 10 minutes AFTER I had eaten just licking every taste molecule from the bowl. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

I chose DUCK because - well, Mommy said so. She said all we ever get it CHICKEN and it was time to venture out. I don't care. It's meat, after all. It's protein. That is all I care about.

About 2 weeks after I started eating the food, Mommy noticed I was losing weight. She was a little concerned because she wasn't actively making me DIET. Not only that, but I looked downright GOOD - all healthy and stuff. My coat looked good, my eyes were bright. She could find nothing to be alarmed about other than my looking thinner. So she upped my rations a little. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! More food! She reasoned, and has noticed in the past, that really good food means I can eat more (note: by more I mean closer to the suggested portions and not my usual TINY portion) without gaining weight. This is so important for a pug. When I went to the DOGTER shortly after Mommy noticed this, he was so happy with my weight and he called me

P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!

My SEXY sit


As the name implies. Holistic Select formulas rely on just the right blend of REAL FOODS and REAL MINERALS. Here are the ingredients for the DUCK recipe I chose:

Duck Meal, Chickpeas, Peas, Lentils, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Molasses, Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Pumpkin, Cranberries, Apples, Brewers Dried Yeast, Papayas, Choline Chloride, Blueberries, Pomegranates, Vitamin E Supplement, Inulin, Dried Kelp, Zinc Proteinate, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ground Cinnamon, Ground Fennel, Ground Peppermint, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Dried Lactobacillus bulgaricus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus thermophilus Fermentation Product, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma reesei Fermentation Product, Dried Rhizopus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.

Caloric Content
3,671 kcal/kg, 441 kcal/cup

Note how nothing is manufactured or a cast-off, by-product, if you will. This is why it tastes so good and is so good for a pup.

I really liked the Holistic Select Duck Meal and I highly recommend it to my pug furiends who are trying to keep their weight down. They will feel fuller and look better than they would on those so called D-I-E-T foods.

As always, Chewy.com carries a full selection of Holistic Select formulas and always at a bargain price. Check it out Here

** We received a small bag free of charge from Chewy.com of Holistic Select to try. We tried it and this post is our opinion of what we tried. We were not paid to write this post nor were we told what to write. This is our honest opinion.

2 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Its a winner, more food=losing weight. mags and gusser

World of Animals, Inc said...

Thank you for the wonderful review. We all love to eat. Looks like you found something that will help with trying to lose weight. Thanks for the share. Have a great day.
World of Animals