Sunday, June 17, 2018

More Perfecter In Every Way


I had to go to the DOGTER on Friday. No, I am not sick or anything. It was just a yearly check-up. Oh, and I had to get a couple of shots so I can go to places like the dog park and other social events. I was not too happy when Mommy opened the door to go into the office. I came to a complete STOP! Up until then I was happy go lucky and was pretty sure I was going to someplace happy - like PetSmart or something. Boy was I wrong. And it wasn't that Mommy was deceptive or anything. She kept saying stuff like "you LIKE this place" and "It won't be a long visit." The clues were there.

I actually like my DOGTER a lot. For the most part my visits there are nothing to worry about - the Dogter listens to my heart and lungs and takes my weight. Then he and Mommy discuss how I am and that is all. A couple of times, thought, it was not so nice like when I had the operation on my FOLD and the couple of times I had my teeth cleaned and a few extracted. I remember those times a lot. Maybe I shouldn't dwell on it, though, since I really like all the humans at the office.

The Dogter was very very pleased with how healthy I am. He said my weight (16.38 pounds) was PERFECT , my temperature was perfect and my coat looked bright and healthy. He said my bones look strong and my teeth looked pretty good, too. In fact, he actually said I was a great patient and was one of the few in that day who was not SICK. I was happy with everything he said.



Finally the tech came in and she did something I didn't LIKE at all - she gave me two shots in my BUM. I was not too pleased about that but she gave me a cuddle and said I was a good pup.

Before I knew it, it was time to head home. And when I got home, I got a treat. A TREAT! Boy was that a worthwhile trip.

3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sounds like all good news!!
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

stellaroselong said...

Well that was a real good visit!! mags and gus

Julie said...

Well of course you got TREATS...you are a PAWFECT Pup, in tip top condition with a pawsome figure.
Shame about the shots in the butt though, thats a bit unkind after telling just how pawfect you are
Clearly your fruit diet is doing you sooooo much good, lets hear it for the strawberries and apricots!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx