Friday, June 8, 2018

I'm Happy, Are You?


I wasn't gonna be serious today but I HAVE to. It has to do with the NEWS lately and sadness.

Generally speaking, I like to keep my blog light and bright. But once in a while the world gets scary and sad, AND I think it is my duty. . . no my HONOR. . . to discuss the things that make life a little harder.

Today it is DEPRESSION. I am talking about the EPIDEMIC depression spanning the globe these days and almost DOMINATING the news. Today's news of yet another celebrity taking his own life is indicative of what I am talking about. This is serious stuff, dear FURiends. And I think we need to

  1. Identify it
  2. Help anypuggy suffering from it
  3. Find a solution
I'm just a little PUG PRINCESS, but I am going to give it a whirl. But first and more IMPORTANTLY, I wanna say






How to Identify DEPRESSION (this is a link, BTW)

  1. Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness
  2. Loss of interest in daily activities
  3. Appetite or weight changes
  4. Sleep changes
  5. Anger or irritability
  6. Loss of energy
  7. Self-loathing
  8. Reckless behavior
  9. Concentration problems
  10. Unexplained aches and pains

How to Help is You or Someone You Know is Depressed (this is a link, too)

If this describes you or someone you are close to then there are STEPS to take to help
  1. Express your concern if it is someone you know OR TALK to someone if it is you. Talking and showing care can save a life
  2. Exercise can ease depression symptoms - so engage that person or get yourself out on a walk. Especially now when the weather is so nice, taking a nice long walk can clear your mind and make you feel better
  3. Advise your FURiend or loved one to seek professional help
  4. MOST OF ALL, if you or someone you LOVE, LIKE, TOLERATE, PASS BY, and so on are contemplating SUICIDE, 
S-T-O-P

     5. And call this number:  1-800-273-8255

There are additional lines to call if you are seeking advice on what to do for a suicidal person: 1-800-273-8255 

OR


  • Para apoyo de crisis en español, llame 1-888-628-9454.
  • For the TrevorLifeline, a suicide prevention counseling service for the LGBTQ community, call 1-866-488-7386.
MY SOLUTION:

Be nicer to one another
This is the best advice I can give as a little puggy. Imagine how much better everypuggy would feel of they weren't MARGINALIZED, EXCLUDED, HATED, SUPPRESSED, et al. 
  • When you see someone different than you APPRECIATE the differences
  • Understand that not everyone is as - rich, poor, young, old, smart, silly, etc. as you and ACCEPT IT
  • HELP someone who needs it. This can be in small ways like returning the dollar they dropped
  • Always remember to be KIND to others just as you like them to be KIND to you

2 comments:

Julie said...

Big HUGS to you Noodles
You are a pawsome pup for tackling a difficult subject, you are a sweetheart
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Julie said...

PeeS did I mention how gorgeous you look???
Oh, and I LUFFS you too
xxx