Monday, October 15, 2018

That was No Challenge! Bring It On #chewyinfluencer




It is now hitting the 30 days of my challenge** with The Honest Kitchen Grain free Chicken recipe. I have to say this was THE MOST successful 30 day challenge yet. Throughout this whole month, I have gleefully eaten my kibble with the Honest Kitchen Grain free Chicken recipe as a topper. Molly ate it STRAIGHT UP instead of the canned food she was getting tired of. And it made us both so happy and satisfied. I have to mention this again. I was SATISFIED. This is not a common PUG behavior. We finish a meal and we WANT MORE. I did not ask for more. Now, I still begged like the dickens when someone was in the kitchen or sitting at the table eating a meal. But that is a different dynamic. I'm telling you. . . I was satisfied.

In addition, making the TOPPER and even a MEAL from the dehydrated food was so easy even MOMMY could do it. She measured out the right amount (for my topper it was 2 tablespoons and for Molly's meal it was 1/4 cup) and added the correct amount of tap warm water to it. Then she STIRRED it all up and in under 5 minutes . . . I think closer to 2 minutes . . . we had to canine heads bobbing up and down as they demolished their meal.



Remember, this is a RAW diet in an easy to store and use dehydrated format. There are many advantages to a raw diet and here are some and how Honest Kitchen Grain free Chicken recipe measured up

  • White teeth, free of tartar and dental disease
    • Well, I won't let mom look and she said my breath stinks today. But I also just licked the floor so. . . overall she THINKS there is a slight improvement. We'll see at the next DOGTOR visit.
  • Shiny, smooth, oil-free coats
    • Absolutely true. My coat is always nice, but lately it has been NICER. It is shiny but not at all oily feeling even though I have not had a bath in a couple of weeks,
  • Flake-free and itch-free skin
    • No itches here and this is usually my ITCHY TIME of the year.
  • Chronic allergies and infections subside and/or disappear
    • My tummy skin has been pinker than before. When I wander in grass I sometimes develop the famous pug black tummy. Not lately. And my eye goop has gone down some.
  • Odorless breath and body
    • According to Aunt B, I stink! But Mommy says I just smell like a dog and not all perfumey fuzz like Molly. So no, not oderless at all and this is a claim I question anyhow. Every animal has a scent.
  • Improved energy and vitality
    • I was playing with a puppy over the weekend. Outright playing. I just felt like it. And it felt good. I had lots of energy to last and plenty of pep to keep up with the young'un. 
  • Decreased visits to the vet
    • I don't want to test this one. I generally only go for checkup BUT a couple of times this year I had booboos (my eye, for example) so I had to go in to the clinic. I love my DOGTOR but I don't want to see him for a while.
  • Major changes in poop!
    • I am pretty much a poop master. Mommy said my poops stayed about the same but then I have been using this food as a topper so there wouldn't be any BIG changes. The article I got this benefit from did not specify what changes it means; but I heard less poop means the food is assimilated more. 
  • Mental stimulation from working at mealtimes
    • I do not consider eating WORK. It is something I do out of pure love. But The Honest Kitchen certainly held up its end of the bargain here because I purely LOVED eating it.
  • Exercise
    • The food doesn't do this silly!!!! This happens in conjunction with your HUMOM or HUDAD. And although we could get MORE exercise, we do get some and that is important whether you are on a RAW diet or a more mainstream kibble-based diet.
So on THIS, the 30th day of my Chewy.com THIRTY DAY CHALLENGE, I have to say

I WON!!!!

And I think anyone who tried The Honest Kitchen Grain free Chicken recipe, even as just a topper will WIN the wellness race as well. It is a good food created with the best of intentions for a happier and healthier pet.



We give this food PAWS DOWN


THE CASA DE NOODLES GOLD SEAL OF APPROVAL
Sorry I don't have the seal to put here. The main computer is still out for repair

Thank you Chewy.com for allowing us this fantastic opportunity. We loved every morsel . . . I mean every second of the CHALLENGE.

REASONS TO FEED YOUR DOG A RAW DIET
  1. Cooking breaks down nutrients
  2. Carbohydrates are not easily assimilated into the canine body
  3. The dog digestive system is made to break down raw foods
  4. Processed foods are bad for any animal

https://primalpooch.com/benefits-of-raw-feeding/
https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/raw-dog-food-dietary-concerns-benefits-and-risks#1
https://thehappypuppysite.com/the-pros-and-cons-of-raw-feeding-for-dogs/
https://www.petguide.com/health/dog/5-benefits-of-feeding-your-dog-a-raw-diet/

**We received from Chewy.com free of charge enough product to last 30 days. All opinions expressed on this page belong to A Bowl Of Noodles alone. We are not paid for our opinions nor are we told what to write.

No comments: